ILRI Vacancy: Administrative Assistant – Hanoi Office (closing date 12 July 2016)
International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit an Administrative Assistant who will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam. This position exists to meet the needs of an expanding portfolio of research activities and partnerships in Vietnam. The incumbent will work directly under the supervision of the Office Manager and will provide administrative support to ILRI activities in the East and Southeast Asia regions.
ILRI works to enhance the roles livestock play in pathways out of poverty in developing countries. ILRI is a member of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) Consortium, a global research partnership of 15 centres working with many partners for a food-secure future. ILRI has two main campuses in East Africa and other hubs in West and southern Africa and South and Southeast Asia. www.ilri.org.
The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 31 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
CGIAR is a global agricultural research partnership for a food-secure future. Its science is carried out by 15 research centres that are members of the CGIAR Consortium in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations.www.cgiar.org.
Assist Office Manager in the following tasks:
- Meet and greet guests to the office, answer telephone calls and ensure order of front office;
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing correspondences, including filing and circulation to the right persons;
- Maintain office contact lists and partner list;
- Manage filing system and document files at the office;
- Contact local authorities/suppliers/contractors as needed;
- Prepare letters, documents, correspondence if required;
- Purchase and maintain office equipment and supplies with appropriate services and vendors Research and identify relevant suppliers for office related equipment and supplies;
- Translate documents/ reports and correspondence (English and Vietnamese) and interpret if required;
- Provide logistics support for workshops/travelers/visitors including hotel accommodation, car rental, visas, ticketing and other operational activities of the office;
- Handle travel Authorization for staff’s travel;
- Take minutes during office meetings and disseminate after approval.
2. Finance and other tasks
- Manage office petty cash and prepare monthly petty cash expenditure report;
- Process payments for office bills, service suppliers, and keep receipts;
- Go to banks/ tax department/ social health insurance department to submit documents;
- Handle payment and other transactions with Bank, Dipserco, or tax authority as required;
- Make photocopies of the monthly financial reports and file them;
- Assist staff in preparing Travel Expense Reports and obtain approval;
- Follow up cash advances and their clearance;
- Responsible for asset/ inventory management. Maintain and update inventory list of the office on regular basis;
- Carry out other tasks that may be required by the Acting Regional Representative and scientists in project management activities from time to time;
- Other tasks as assigned to assist Office Manager to ensure smooth running of the office and projects.
- Bachelor degree in business management or other relevant field;
- A minimum of 2 years’ work experience in administrative role;
- Excellent Vietnamese and English written and oral skills;
- Proficiency in computer applications and a working knowledge of the internet and email;
- Careful, organized and flexible;
- Willingness to travel nationally and regionally;
- Demonstrated good organizational skills and ability to work under minimum supervision;
Terms of Appointment
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position based at ILRI Hanoi office, Vietnam. It is open to Vietnamese Nationals only. The position is on a 2-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
This position is job level 1C. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV explaining their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 12July 2016. The position title and reference number REF: AA/ Hanoi /06/2016 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI, visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org/
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.